SHARK ROTATOR LIFT-AWAY 500 SERIES
NV500, NV501, NV502 and NV552
Dust and Dirt Terminators
The Shark 500 series are the most powerful of all the Shark uprights. These Sharks are dust and dirt “terminators”.
These vacuum cleaners operate like a traditional upright or they can be inserted on a caddy and used as a canister vacuum. This one is 3 vacuums in 1 upright, portable lift-away, and a canister vacuum.
The number of new unique attachments available is incredible, and along with the simplicity of operation, this vacuum is fantastic. The suction power of the Rotator 500 series is very impressive. Someone was quoted as saying “They could suck the color out of marble” (Amazon purchaser). Thanks to enhanced swivel steering, there is hardly any pushing involved, just steering. In fact, the vacuum almost pulls itself along the floor because it has so much suction and power.
Edge cleaning is superb. You do not need to use special attachments for this. The hose has been relocated from the side to the middle of the unit and is placed very low. It enhances the airflow and agitation (see The best choice for vacuum cleaners). If you push the vacuum right against the baseboard, it cleans right up against the baseboard sucking everything. With the hose now relocated to the middle of the vacuum cleaner, the dirt and debris has less distance to travel to the bag. This design makes for better airflow and higher suction.
According to Shark – “your hard floors and carpets will thank you!” All of these vacuums are solidly built and powerful. It is so comfortable while vacuuming that you feel like you are driving a Cadillac!
The dust canister has been thoughtfully designed and emptying the dust cup takes only one click. The unit does not let dust escape while operating. Washable filters ensure clean running. The bright headlights on the floor nozzle are very useful. The extra-long cord provides a lot of freedom of use.
The suction power is on par with the best upright vacuum cleaners available. It maneuvers easily and is light weight. The hose can be pulled out with one click and without stopping the vacuum. It is just that easy.
Technology and features: (see Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaners)
- Lift-Away Technology
- Never Loses Suction with Advanced cyclonic technology
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology with HEPA filters that traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Enhanced Swivel Steering Rotator Technology for better control to maneuver around the furniture.
- Dual-motor with motorized brush roll shutoff
- Headlights on floor nozzle to illuminate dark areas
- 2 pre-motor filters and 1 post-motor filter
- Fingertip controls aids in a seamless transition between hard floors and carpet
- Bottom- and top-empty dust cup
- Suction control collar at base of top handle
- Zero maintenance costs- lifetime filters and lifetime belt. The Shark Rotator” intelligent electronic system will shut off the power nozzle motor to avoid belt wearing if you block the brush roll with a large object.
- Optional caddy transfers your vacuum into 3-in-1- upright, canister and handheld
- Input power 1200 watts equivalent to 10Amps
- Extra Long Cleaning Reach of 8 feet provides more flexibility to get at high or far-away spaces
- Cord length is 30 ft.
- Dust Cup Capacity: 1.3 dry quarts – 3.1 dry quarts of real usable capacity.
- Cleaning Path is 12”
- Dimensions are 47.5 x 13.4 x 12.2
- Weight is less than 15.5 lbs.
- 5 years manufacturer’s warranty
The Rotator 500 series come in 2 modifications: Lift-Away (NV500) and PRO (Professional).
NV501, NV502 and NV552 are Lift- Away PRO models. The main differences between them are the attachments they come equipped with, and their colors. They come standard with a 12” crevice tool, 18” and 24” flexi crevice tools, a multi-tool, a straight suction floor nozzle, a power brush, a wide upholstery tool and multi-angle dusting brush
The NV501 has an extra car detail kit. NV502 has a multi-angle dusting brush and car detail kit. NV501 is Red or Blue, NV501 and NV502 are Red/White.
The Lift-Away are lighter at 12.5 lbs., and the Lift-Away PRO are heavier at 14 lbs. The cleaning path is 11.5” for Lift- Away and 12” for PRO.
The NV552 Shark Rotator Pro CompleteLift-Away is the“golden fish” of all 500 series.
It has the most attachments available of all the Shark Rotator models. It comes with ample attachments: upholstery tool, multi-angle dusting brush, Dust-Away, a Hard-Floor attachment with a microfiber pad, TruePet Motorized pet power brush, and canister caddy, under-appliance wand and 18” crevice tool. Color is gold. This vacuum seems well thought out in every detail.
Accessories and Attachments
The Optional accessories for the Rotator 500 series, can be purchased separately on www.sharkclean.com website or in store: These include :
- Canister Caddy – an ultra-maneuverable base with wheels for portability and room for accessory storage, the caddy quickly converts this upright vacuum into a convenient, hands-free canister vacuum. (Color may vary.)
- Multi Tool or Dusting Genie – 3-in-1 combination tool designed to dust a multitude of surfaces, pick up large piles of debris and remove pet hair from curtains and other delicate fabrics
- 18” and 24” Flexi Crevice – crevice tools with flexible tips extend to access corners, baseboards, tight spaces or ceilings.
- Power Brush – air powered tool designed for fast and easy removal of pet hair and ground in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery. This brush literally screams while operating it and sounds like a jet plane about to take off. It operates by using the amazing power of the vacuum
- Multi-Angle Dusting Brush – 3 position soft dusting brush for cleaning blinds, walls, books, ceiling lights and fans and tops of furniture. Stiff front and back bristles allow more aggressive cleaning for stubborn dust
- Wide Upholstery Tool – extra wide accessory removes pet hair and dust from curtains and other delicate fabrics
- Mini Dusting Brush – mini brush for ‘detail’ dusting in tight spaces, even around small collectibles
- Mini Pet Tool – mini brush with silicone bristles for cleaning pet hair and other stubborn debris off upholstered fabrics
- Universal Dusting Brush – extra-long dusting brush ideal for cleaning large or small debris and dust on delicate surfaces
- Mini Blinds Tool – specialized tool for dusting 6 mini blind slats or 3 wooden blind slats at one time
- Back saver Wand – bendable wand that enables cleaning under furniture without the need to bend over
- Appliance Wand – low profile tool with extendable tip and extra-large opening and bristles for accessing and cleaning under and behind hard-to-move appliances, furniture or any tight area.
- Straight Suction Nozzle – Powerful floor nozzle for cleaning visible dirt and debris on low-pile carpets, area rugs and hard floor surfaces
- Home & Car Detail Kit – Micro tools kit designed to clean keyboards, car vents and any other tiny spaces
- Accessory storage bag – extra-large bag stores all your vacuum accessories
These machines are so versatile I cannot begin to list all the features. Two thumbs up for Shark. These units is a pleasure to use. It does everything it says it would and more.
These machines pick up every single piece of hair and every bit of dust. They pick up everything even in corners or right against the wall. The dog hair does not blow around in a wind. No little streak of dirt. Some of the dirt removed is so fine, it is a powder! When the Shark people say that it traps dust in the vacuum, they truly mean it. Dust has nowhere to escape.
“These Sharks attack your carpet like Jaws” (Amazon purchaser).
The Shark is proving to be a vastly superior design. The vacuum pivots on a dime, it goes around the furniture and around the corners. It maneuvers very well to get every inch of cleaning area.
For the power it provides, it is very light. If you want lighter, you will have to give up the power and that’s just the way it is. Do yourself a favor and buy this one. For the price and features you cannot go wrong. I really think Shark deserves full credit for a job well done.