SHARK ROCKET STICK VACUUM CLEANERS
The ultralight design of the Shark stick vacuum cleaner is similar to that of their uprights. These vacuums are “in-hand” vacuums. Shark has re-engineered the full-size vacuum with the focus on high-performance by cutting away “unnecessary” details. This leads to outstanding versatility without sacrificing performance. The light weight of these stick vacuums is the most important factor in choosing this vacuum cleaner. Stick vacuum cleaners are convenient for small places or as quick cleaning options. Their compact design makes them easier to handle and store. Usually a stick vacuum cleaner would complement a classic upright or canister vacuum cleaner as they would normally become the “second” vacuum for any household. They are a handy “sweet” cleaning tool that helps your home clean between your regular heavier cleaning.
Corded or Cordless
In general, stick vacuum cleaners come in corded and cordless designs. The corded stick vacuum will provide you unlimited run time and no loss of power. The cordless stick provides you with that versatility and convenience, but battery replacement is pricey and the vacuums lose their decent power after around 20 minutes of running. Then you have to recharge them for about 4 hours before using them again. They simply do not have the power of full-size vacuums. In my view it is a lot of money to pay for a very short cleaning time.
However this is simply not the case when we are talking about Shark Rocket. Shark Rockets are all corded. There is no need to choose between portability over power or vice-versa. Shark Rockets are powerful beautifully engineered workhorses. These stick vacuums clean as good as a full size upright without all that weight. They are called Rocket for a reason. The motor is so strong, it practically moves forward on its own, and the suction is clearly superb. While vacuuming it almost propels itself around the room. The amount of dust and dirt it picks up is amazing and at the same time almost embarrassing. Check the dust canister after vacuuming with this stick and your jaw will drop! It will be full of dirt. Rocket is excellent along wall edges too.
“This thing is crazy” – Amazon purchaser.
Technology and Features (see Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaners)
- The Shark stick vacuum cleaner is lightweight at just 8 pounds and you can carry it in one hand up and down the stairs.
- It swivels effortlessly and steering it is like walking a “chuvala”. The floor nozzle pivots from side to side with a flick of the wrist. The narrow size of this floor nozzle contributes to its maneuverability. This is a great feature as it helps you to get in between furniture without having to move anything. You can also fully recline this stick vacuum and slide it under low profile furniture.
- Shark Rocket has 2 different brush speeds depending on what kind of floor you are vacuuming. The power brush on the head has two settings which leave both hard floors and carpets immaculately clean. It goes from bare floor to carpet without any hassle.
- The Headlights on the floor nozzle and the handheld (on some models) come as a nice surprise and they actually light up dust and dirt that normally would be invisible.
What makes this vacuum so versatile is that with a flick of your ankle the top comes off and in mere seconds it changes from an upright to a wand or it shrinks down to a small handheld weighing just 4 lbs.
And most importantly, all Rockets come with Shark’s signature technology – “they never lose suction”!
Aesthetics And Design
The small dust canister is simple to open and empty with just a touch of a button. The two main filters are easily removed for cleaning and are washable. The construction is sturdy – rock solid – the cord is very long which means you do not need to plug and unplug it when moving from room to room.
This Rocket stick vacuum cannot stand by its own as the heaviest part of the vacuum cleaner is on the top, so the vacuum tends to tilt downward due simply to gravity. If you simply want to set it on the floor you will have to lean it against the wall unless you detach the motor head from the wand and hook it on the hanger at the top of the floor nozzle and it will stand on its own. This is one of the ways to store it or you can hang it from the wall mount bracket which is included.
Since the Rocket vacuum has so many attachments, it might be the only vacuum you will need. The versatility and simplicity are unbeatable. Everything clicks easily together and it has a sleek and modern look. It is balanced and totally functional. Considering its size and weight the power of this vacuum is just astonishing, it picks up even very fine dust and the swivel function of the head is fantastic.
From an aesthetic point of view, they look gorgeous. The detailing, styling, and the sports car chrome accent along with its vibrant coloring makes this stick vacuum a sleek and modern addition to your house cleaning tools.
As a last word, the only downside of owning this vacuum is actually seeing how much dirt you never knew your home had.
Shark Rocket comes in different models (see Shark Rocket Comparison Chart):
The Full Lineup
- HV300 Series – HV300, HV300W, HV300C, HV301C, HV302, HV303, HV305, HV310, UV450
- Professional –NV480/NV470 Series – NV472,NV480, NV480C, NV480Q, NV481, NV484
- Deluxe Pro – HV320, HV320W, HV321, HV321C, HV322, HV322Q
- Powerhead – AH400, AH401,AH452,AH452W, AH405, AH400C, AH401C (see Shark Sweepers)
- Complete with Duo Clean Technology – HV380, HV380W, HV381 and HV382
- Deluxe Pro Hand Vac HV292Q and HV319Q (see Shark Handheld)